As a lover of green tea, I present to you the top 10 reasons to always have green tea in your home.
1. Anti-aging: The antioxidant known as polyphenols help fight the free radicals in your skin that contribute to aging and dull-looking skin.
2. Weight loss: Green tea naturally boosts your metabolism, helping you burn a few more calories each day.
3. Bones: The fluoride content in green tea helps preserve your bone density. Also, it helps to block an enzyme that destroys cartilage.
4. Immunity: The polyphenols and flavenoids boost your immune system to fight illness.
5. Lower Blood Pressure: Green tea represses angiotensin, which is a protein that constricts your blood vessels and drives your blood pressure up.
6. Blood Sugar: The polyphenols and polysaccharides found in green tea can help you lower your blood sugar levels.
7. Asthma: Theophylline helps to relax the muscles of your bronchial tubes. This can help those who have trouble breathing because of asthma.
8. Bad Breath: Green tea can slow the growth of the bacteria that cause bad breath.
9. Stress: The amino acid L-theanine in green tea can help relieve your stress and anxiety.
10. Allergies: Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) from green tea is being studied for its ability to reduce allergies in humans.
My favorite green tea: Yamamotoyama
sources: greenteasecrets sciencedaily greenteasecrets